Accident Assistance & Collision Repair Service
Step 1: Check for Injuries
- You should always check to see if anyone in your vehicle, or anyone else involved in the accident, has any injuries.
- If injuries are suspected, call 911 for medical help right away.
Step 2: Move to a Safe Location
- If possible, move your car off the road to a safe location, such as an adjacent parking lot.
- If your car must remain on the road or on the shoulder, be sure to warn other drivers by using your hazards.
Step 3: Call the Police
- Even if there are no injuries, you should call the police to report the accident.
- The police will let you know if an officer will need to come to the scene to prepare an accident report.
- Remain at the scene of the accident until the police have completed their accident report. This report is very important for insurance purposes.
Step 4: Exchange Information
- Exchange insurance information with all other drivers involved in the accident.
- You should also get the names and contact information of all other drivers and passengers involved in the accident.
- Make note of the accident report number and responding officer's name as well.
Step 5: Assess the Damage
- Check your vehicle thoroughly, and make note of any damage.
- Point out any damage to the responding officers, and take photos of the damage if possible.
- If your vehicle is not drivable, call for roadside assistance.
Step 6: Report Your Claim
- Call your insurance company to report your claim.
- Your insurance company will give you a claim number, which you will need to provide to your collision center.
Step 7: Schedule Your Collision Repairs
- Call the Hank Graff Collision Center to schedule your collision repairs. Then bring your car to our state-of-the-art facility in Durand, MI.
- Our expert technicians will take care of everything from there, and will get your car looking like new.
- If you need a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired, we can help with that too.
Insurance Coverage for Your Collision Needs
Graff Durand’s Collision Center has Your Collision Repairs Covered
Unfortunately, accidents happen. We know that filing an insurance claim can be stressful and confusing. However, knowing exactly what needs to be done after an accident can take a lot of the stress away, and can make handling an insurance claim a simple process.
The Hank Graff Collision Center near Durand, MI is here to help you understand all the information you need to know about what to do if you've been in an accident and about repairing your car afterwards. Graff Chevrolet Durand makes the whole process easy, so you won’t have to stress about your collision and auto body repairs. At our Durand Area Collision Center we repair all makes and models, both foreign and domestic. Plus, our Hank Graff Collision Center is a direct repair collision shop for many major car insurance companies that serve the Durand area, including Fenton, Linden, and Owosso. Even if we are not a direct repair shop for your insurance company, you can still have your repairs done here and we can work with your insurance company.
The team at the Graff Durand Collision Center will proudly meet or exceed your insurance company’s standards for turnaround time and we’re proud to offer a lifetime guarantee on our paintwork and craftsmanship.
What Happens After an Accident?
Should you be involved in an accident, the first thing you should always do is call the police. At the scene of the accident, it is also important for you to gather three basic pieces of information that you’ll need for your insurance claim:
- A police report
- Information from any witnesses
- Information of all involved parties (e.g., license numbers, insurance information, license plate number, contact information, etc.)
With these tips for what to do after an accident both at the scene and for your insurance claim, you can help improve the odds that your insurance claim will be addressed quickly.
For collisions that involve a simple insurance claim (e.g., minimal damage to vehicles, no medical treatment required, no fault assigned by the responding officer), the claims adjuster from your insurance company may request for you to take your vehicle to a collision center for an estimate. At the Hank Graff Collision Center in Durand, we are happy to provide you with a FREE collision repair estimate and help you navigate the entire process. We are willing and able to meet with your claims adjuster to provide the estimate of how much damage was accrued. This information will also be communicated to you, and we won’t begin repairs until you give us your approval.
Graff Chevy Durand’s technicians are experts when it comes to accidents and automotive damage. Paired with our ability to seamlessly communicate with your insurance provider and expedite the adjustment process, we’re able to move the repair process along quickly to get you back on the road quickly in a vehicle that looks and performs like new.
Insurance Information About Settlement Offers
After your insurance policy has been reviewed and the claim has been investigated, your adjuster will present you with a settlement offer that represents the amount your insurance company is willing to pay on the claim you have made. In certain cases you may feel your insurance company’s settlement offer is too low, in which case you may be able to negotiate. Presenting examples of other drivers being offered more for a similar amount of damage can be helpful.
But remember, every situation is different, so no two claims will be the same. If you’re facing a total loss, the settlement offer is typically fair. If you still feel it is on the low side, we recommend researching your claim to see if you can find evidence to support your claim. You and your adjuster may be able to negotiate a different insurance settlement.
There are also several reasonable and legitimate reasons for why your auto accident claim might be denied. Insurance claim denials can be due to limits in your coverage. However, we advise you to work with your insurance agent to check the denial letter against your coverage policy to see if the denial is reasonable and how you should proceed. Your agent can be your best resource in this type of scenario.
The team of professionals at the Graff Chevrolet Durand Collision Center near Flint, MI, have been in the collision repair industry for a long time, making them very familiar with the ins and outs of insurance claims. In addition to offering top-quality collision repair and auto body work for cars of all makes and models, we can also help you by answering your questions about insurance information, and giving you suggestions for how to handle your insurance claim. No matter what the situation, we encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are here to help throughout the entire process and want you to feel like you have someone on your side.
The Hank Graff Durand Collision Center is located at 9009 E. Lansing Road, Durand, MI 48429. To learn more about all the ways we can help you with collision repairs and insurance information, call us at (866) 529-1655. We are the insurance claim experts of the Durand, Fenton, Linden, Owosso, and Flint areas, as well as many other communities!
Check out how close we are to your home, work, and all your favorite places in the Durand area!Get Directions