HOW TO USE WIRELESS CHARGING IN CHEVROLET VEHICLES
Let’s face it: nowadays we have a lot of cords to worry about-from charging cords to headphones to power cords and the list goes on. Therefore, it’s a nice perk to be able to forego a cord whenever possible. Chevy gets it. That’s why the automaker has included wireless charging capability on certain models and trims in its lineup. If you’d like to learn more about how you can use the wireless charging feature in Chevy vehicles, you have come to the right place.
Learn more: New Chevy Smartphone App
5 Steps to charge your phone wirelessly in a Chevy vehicle
1. Make sure your vehicle is equipped with wireless charging. Please note, the feature is currently available only on select trims of the following 2019 Chevy models: Blazer, Bolt EV, Camaro, Colorado, Equinox, Impala, Malibu, Silverado 1500, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse, and Volt.
2. Make sure your phone is compatible. Compatible phones include (but are not limited to) iPhone 8 and X and Samsung Galaxy S6, S8, and S9. See the full list of compatible devices for GM wireless charging here.
3. Clear away all objects from the wireless charging area, especially any metal or magnetic things.
4. Place your phone (or device) face-up on the charging area.
5. Adjust your device slowly until the charging icon shows up on the display screen inside your Chevy vehicle. The icon lets you know that your phone is in the right spot and is charging.
You may also like: How does the Vehicle Locate feature in the myChevrolet app work?
If the charging icon isn’t showing up, remove your phone from the charging pad, wait 3 seconds, and try again. If you run into any issues while using the wireless charging feature in your Chevy, feel free to get in touch with our team at Hank Graff or reach out to your local Chevrolet dealer.