Is Buying or Leasing a Car Better For You? Review Your Auto Ownership Options
When it’s time to get a new car, you’ll have a very important decision to make before deciding on a vehicle. Do you buy or lease? Between buying and leasing a car, which option is better for you? We understand owning a vehicle is a big investment either way, so we’re here to help make the process a little easier at Graff Chevy in Durand, MI, by making it easy for you to compare your auto ownership options. Here you’ll find all the information you need to make an educated and confident decision on whether to buy or lease your next vehicle, including the facts, pros, and cons of each method.
When you’re weighing your options, we encourage you to talk with our helpful team. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at (989) 288-2657.
Throughout your decision process, you’ll also want to consider these factors:
- Your driving habits
- Your monthly budget
- Type of vehicle you want
- Your daily commute
- The cost of maintenance
Each of these vehicle ownership factors will affect your decision on whether to buy or lease your next vehicle from Graff Durand. Review our complete guide to buying and leasing below to learn more about the facts, pros, and cons of each, to help you make your final decision. Each vehicle owner has a unique situation, so make sure you consider all of these points before making the decision to buy or lease. It’s all about which option is best for YOUR lifestyle. If you have any questions about buying or leasing at Graff Durand, give us a call at (866) 529-1655. We have a knowledgeable and friendly sales team that’s ready to help you with anything you need.
- Drive only 1 vehicle for 60+ months
- Monthly payments vary depending on down payment and APR
- Maintenance is taken care of by owner or warranty
- No limit on number of miles you can drive
- You pay for the full cost of the vehicle
- Buying a car builds your equity
- Trade-in or sell your vehicle anytime
- Drive up to 2.5 vehicles over 60 months
- Monthly payments will vary based on down payment and APR
- Lease periods can range from 24-72 months
- Set mileage allowance
- Monthly lease price is based on percentage of vehicle cost & length of lease
- Minimal maintenance is required
- Customize or modify the vehicle as you see fit
- No monthly car payments once your loan is paid off
- No mileage limitations
- The vehicle is yours after loan is paid off making it more cost effective in the long run for some
- May offer lower monthly payments
- Maintenance costs potentially included in lease
- Drive a new car every 2 years
- Have the most updated vehicle model on the market
- Lower up-front costs
- Down payment could be more expensive
- Maintenance costs are your responsibility
- Monthly payments are commonly higher
- Could be a hassle to sell the vehicle at a later time
- Vehicle value depreciates quickly
- You’re responsible for damages or wear
- Early lease termination can be costly
- You don’t own the vehicle
- Restriction on miles you can put on the car
Learn More About Buying or Leasing a Car from Graff Chevy Durand
At Hank Graff Durand we are here to help you through the entire process of buying or leasing your new vehicle. We always aim to offer the best dealership experience possible. If you have any questions about buying vs. leasing, we are happy to answer any of your questions and help you establish which option is best for your needs. Give us a call at (866) 529-1655.
Once you’ve made your decision to buy or lease your next car, truck, or SUV, your next step is to understand the complete buying or leasing process. On the left-hand side of this page you’ll find more extensive information on How to Buy or How to Lease your next vehicle. Our goal is to provide you with as much information as possible so you can be confident in your decision to buy or lease a vehicle from Graff Durand.
If you’re ready to start looking at potential vehicles, check out at our inventory online. Choose from new and used Chevrolets, as well as a variety of other used cars, trucks, SUVs, and crossovers. If you’re looking for something special put in a request on our Find Me a Vehicle page. A sales representative will get back to you shortly and will work to find you exactly what you’re looking for in a vehicle. Graff Chevy Durand is located at 9009 E. Lansing Road, Durand, MI 48429 and we’re proud to service the Durand area, as well as our neighboring cities of Owosso, Genessee, Flint, Fenton, and Swartz Creek.