Vehicle Brake Service for Winter Car Care at Hank Graff Chevrolet Durand
It’s necessary to keep an eye on the condition of your vehicle’s brakes during every season of the year, but it’s especially important during winter. Ensuring your vehicle can stop in seconds is extremely important to your safety! Vehicle brake service for Winter Car Care is necessary so your vehicle can handle the icy roads and get you safely to your destination. Hank Graff Chevrolet Durand is the best place to take your vehicle for winter brake service!
Signs You Need a Brake Inspection, Repair, or Replacement
There are some noticeable signs that you might need new brakes, but even partially performing brakes can put you at risk. Having brakes that aren’t in great condition can compromise your safety during the rough winter weather. If you’re not sure, here are some obvious signs you may need a brake inspection, repair, or replacement as part of your Winter Car Care. Some signs include:
- Vehicle’s brake system warning light turns on – It’s tempting to ignore warning lights on our vehicle’s dashboards because you may think it’s something minor or fear having to pay for vehicle maintenance. We recommend you address all warning lights that show up, but the brake system warning light needs to be taken very seriously.
- Vehicle’s brake pedal vibrates – This could mean a number of things, it could be that your brake pads aren’t gripping properly due to oil or debris, or that there are issues with your break disks and alignment. Or, you may have worn out suspension components. All of which greatly reduce the effectiveness of your brakes.
- Vehicle’s brake pedal feels soft or goes to the floor - Usually this means you have an issue with your brake fluid or that the brake pads are very worn. Either way, it’s not safe to drive in a vehicle with brakes that aren’t fully responsive.
- You hear screeching or grinding when you brake – Bring your car into the Graff Durand Service Center immediately. That screeching noise means you have worn down the brake pads completely and it is now metal on metal, doing serious damage to your brake disks and costing you a whole lot more in repairs than a new pair of brake pads would.
- You can smell a burning odor – This means that your brake pads have overheated from use. When this happens, a glaze will develop on the brake pad once it cools down causing your braking performance to suffer as the disc may begin to slip through the clutches of the pad.
- Brakes are shedding metallic flakes – This is another sign that your brake pads have worn down and there is now metal on metal contact when you are trying to brake. It needs to be addressed immediately.
If you’re not sure about the condition of your brakes, we recommend you get them checked before every winter season just to be sure. You can never be too careful.
Schedule Your Brake Service for Winter Car Care at Graff Durand
If you’ve experienced any of the signs above, it’s important you schedule your brake service for Winter Car Care at Graff Chevrolet Durand to ensure your vehicle is safe for the rough weather. Our Certified Service Center is well equipped with an expert team of mechanics who can answer any questions you might have and inspect, install, or repair your brakes. Schedule your winter brake service at Graff Durand online today! Call us at 866-529-1655 or visit us at 9009 E. Lansing Rd., Durand, MI 48329!