Vehicle Weather Stripping and What it Does for Your Car
Your vehicle provides shelter for you out on the road while it’s taking you where you need to go. No matter the weather, it keeps you dry and comfortable. This has a lot to do with your vehicle’s weather strips. Weather strips are the rubber seals that run along the edges of your windows, doors, trunk, and windshield. These seals keep wind and water out of the inside of your vehicle. There are many types of weather strips throughout your vehicle including:
- Window Sweeps: These are the weather strips that you will find along the top and bottom of your car's windows. They seal out rain, snow, wind, etc. and allow the windows to open and close smoothly.
- Windshield Seals: This vehicle weather seal runs along the entire outside of the front and rear windshields on your vehicle. It protects you from the elements and connects your windshields to the body of your car.
- Door Seals: The auto weather strips along the doors ensure that the doors stay securely closed while you’re driving, as well as sealing out the rain.
- Roofrail Seals: This type of weather seal connects the window frame to the roof of the vehicle.
- Windshield Pillar Seals: These strips connect your front and rear windshield to the doorframe of your car at the point of your vehicle’s A, B, and C pillars.
- Trunk Seal: This vehicle weather strip seals the trunk lid so it stays closed and secured to the body of your car, truck, crossover, or SUV.
All of these weather strips help to ensure that your car stays protected from the outside elements. They also ensure that certain vehicle components stay secure while you are driving. Since vehicle weather strips seal out the elements, they are exposed to all of the harshest weather conditions. Fall Car Care is the perfect time to inspect your weather strips for damage. As the transitional fall weather can sometimes be extreme, weather strips can become damaged more quickly.
Have a Fall Car Care Question?
Ask Our Expert Auto TechsAsk a Question
Vehicle Weather Strip Repair and Replacement for Fall Car Care at Graff Chevrolet in Durand, MI
Fall weather in Michigan is often cold and extreme. It’s not uncommon to see snow before winter is officially here. Weather strips will not only help to keep you warm and dry inside your vehicle, but also help parts on your vehicle, like your trunk, doors, and windshield, stay secure on the road and leak free. That’s why now is the perfect time for vehicle weather strip repair and replacement during Fall Car Care at Graff Chevrolet in Durand, MI! As your weather strips become worn, they can become damaged, and less likely to keep the weather outside of your car. If you notice any of these signs, bring your vehicle to the Graff Durand Service Center to have your vehicle weather strips repaired or replaced.
- Wind noise while driving
- Wet spots inside of your vehicle
- Visible cracks along weather strips
- A breeze inside while the doors and windows are closed
You can test your weather strips by running your hand along them and pushing with your fingers. If the rubber is elastic and returns to its original shape, it doesn’t need to be replaced. If it stays where you push it, or it feels dry or cracked, then your weather strips are not serving their purpose and should be replaced.
It's possible to replace your weather strips on your own at home, however if you're unsure of the specifics, leave it to the experts! At Graff Chevrolet Durand, we can help you repair and replace your weather strips and ensure they fit your vehicle properly. We'd be happy to complete a full vehicle weather strip inspection for you as part of your Fall Car Care preparations.
Schedule Your Weather Strip Replacement Appointment at the Graff Chevrolet Durand Collision Center
As the seasons change and the weather gets cooler, Graff Chevrolet Durand wants to make sure you’re safe out on the road. Bring your car to the Graff Durand Service Center for any of your Fall Car Care needs. If you need help inspecting or replacing your weather strips, one of our experienced service professionals would be happy to assist you! Make sure to schedule your weather strip replacement appointment at the Graff Chevrolet Durand Collision Center, where one of our factory-trained, ASE Certified technicians will take care of your vehicle the right way! It is our goal to keep you safe all year round, and provide a transparent service. Convenience is also important to us, which is why we offer online scheduling for all routine maintenance and collision services. We are located at 9009 East Lansing Road in Durand, Michigan 48469. We proudly serve Durand and the surrounding communities of Owosso, Flint, Genesee Charter Township, Swartz Creek, and Corunna. Don’t hesitate to stop by or contact us at (866) 529-1655 for any questions. We'd be happy to help, and look forward to seeing you!