Winter Tire Care at Graff Chevrolet in Durand, MI
Winter is one of the most important seasons of the year to make sure your tires are in tip-top shape. Being one of the biggest safety components on your vehicle, winter tires can help keep you out of compromising situations on the snowy and icy roads. During the season of freezing temperatures, rough roads, and messy travel you should have your winter tire care performed at Graff Chevrolet in Durand, MI. Our experienced service professionals can install, inspect, and repair your tires.
Winter Tire Maintenance Checklist
As the winter weather arrives, use this tire maintenance checklist to prepare for the roads:
- Check Tire Pressure – As the weather grows colder, your tire’s air pressure may decrease due the drop in temperature. This is because the oxygen molecules are contracting. Thankfully, you can just add a few psi of air pressure to each tire and they will be good as new. It is important to get in the habit of checking your tire air pressure often since proper air pressure in your tires allows for better fuel economy, smoother driving, and improved handling.
- Check Tire Tread – The tread on your tires is very important especially in slushy and wet road conditions. Appropriate tire tread helps your tires to grip to the road, keeping you in control of the vehicle, and helping you drive properly.
- Rotate Your Tires – Routine tire rotations assist in the process of maintaining your tires and allowing the tread to wear evenly. Your tires will likely experience irregular wear during the long winter months, but by regularly rotating them, your tires will last longer and keep you safer on the roads.
The Importance of Winter Tire Inspection, Rotation, and Installation
It’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the wear of your vehicle’s tires so that you know your vehicle is prepared to stop on any road, but the type of tire matters, too. All-season tires may not be your safest option for Michigan’s winter weather. Did you know winter tires are specifically designed to not only handle well in snow but also in cold, wet, sleet, slush, and ice conditions? Winter tires can elevate your safety because they include:
- Aggressive tread to reduce snow buildup
- Formulated rubber to remain flexible at low temps
- Deeper tread to better channel water and slush
The importance of winter tire inspection, rotation, and installation is well documented. Your tires are the main vehicle component keeping you from sliding off the road or into an intersection in icy conditions. Winter tires however, are proven to shorten braking times by 25% compared to all-season tires. If you’re having trouble braking, or even driving in snow and other winter weather conditions, it might be time to invest in winter tires. We understand you may have questions about what tire options are available and which option makes sense for your budget, so please feel free to give us a call with any questions at 866-529-1655.
Schedule Your Winter Tire Service at Graff Durand
If you’re looking for winter tire service, or need to have your current tires inspected or repaired, we can help at Hank Graff Chevrolet Durand. Our Certified Service Center is well equipped with a professional team of mechanics who can help you with choosing and installing winter tires based on what you need and can answer any questions you have. Schedule your winter tire service at Graff Durand today online, call us at 866-529-1655, or visit us at 9009 E. Lansing Rd., Durand, MI 48429! We are happy to serve our hometown of Durand and the surrounding communities of Owosso, Flint, Genesee Charter Township, Swartz Creek, and Corunna.